Gifts that pay you income
You can continue your support for Mercy Health Foundation and receive an income for life. If you’re considering these types of gifts we recommend you consult with your professional advisors.
Charitable gift annuities
You can transfer money to a charitable gift annuity and receive income for life.
This plan allows you to give a substantial donation to Mercy Health Foundation while receiving tax-favorable income for life. Charitable gift annuities offer attractive payout rates for those who want to support Mercy while maintaining an income stream. Benefits include:
- These have a very attractive payout.
- Payments can be made annually, quarterly or monthly.
- A portion of the payout will be tax-free.
- Immediate tax deduction for a portion of your gift.
- The residual portion of the gift can be designated according to your wishes.
- Your gift passes to Mercy Health Foundation outside of the estate process.
Charitable remainder trusts
You can earn income for yourself or a beneficiary while supporting Mercy Health Foundation to reach out to hurting people. A charitable remainder trust (CRT) enables you to preserve or improve your financial security and make a gift to the Foundation.
You may realize a significant benefit by transferring property to a trust that will eventually be a charitable gift to Mercy Health Foundation. Benefits include:
- Highly flexible and can be customized to your needs and goals
- Generates income while making an important future gift to Mercy Health
- May increase income from the assets you donate
- Qualifies for an immediate income tax deduction
- Allows you to diversify your portfolio and avoid any capital gains tax on the assets used to fund the trust
- Receives professional asset management
- Reduces possible estate taxation
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your support.